Veterans Eat Free Friday November 11th
As a thank you to retired or active servicemen and women, many places are offering FREE or discounted entrees,appetizers or beverages on Veterans Day. All the vet has to do is show proof of military service. Each place has their own offers so check the rules and restrictions if you are interested. Here’s a list of a some of them:
- Applebees free meal (7 entrees to choose from)
- Chili’s: free entrée (6 to choose from) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Famous Dave’s (Appleton): FREE Two Meat Salute – choose two different meats served with corn bread muffin, corn-on-the-cob and your choice of one side.
- Golden Corral (note that this is for Monday November 14th)
- Hooters: 10 free wings (boneless or traditional) with drink purchase
- Olive Garden: FREE entree during regular business hours
- Outback Steakhouse FREE Bloomin’ onion and beverage November 7 – 11th
- Subway stores: FREE 6-inch sub (not all stores participating; call ahead to ask)
- Texas Roadhouse free meal
- Uno’s Chicago Grill 19.43% discount on their food and non-alcoholic beverage beverages purchases from11/7 through 11/11
- T.G.I. Friday’s BOGO meal
Local deals include:
- A&W stores of Green Bay: 20% off for veterans
- NEW: Harmony Cafe Fox Valley: free coffee, tea, or soda
- NEW Muncheez (Appleton) Buy-One-Get-One Free Pizzas, Super-Muncheez, Soda, and Beer all day long
- NEW: Titletown Brewing: free pint of beer for all who have served or are serving
- NEW: Timsan’s Japanese Steak House: 50% off of their food tonight
- NEW: HuHot Appleton: Free lunch or dinner. Usually the deal is the same at both GB and Appleton locations but I have not heard back from the GB location yet.
Last year a lot of places contacted me throughout the week with their offers. If you know of a local eatery offering a free deal for vets, please contact me and I’ll update the list. I’ll keep this on the home page of Green Bay Consumer under “Popular Posts”.
If you’ve ever had loved ones in the service, you may want to check out singer/songwriter Mark Schultz’s love letter to our soldiers called “Letters from War.” Mark is probably one of my favorite songwriters because he really does tell stories that are just set to music. The song is a wonderful story (based upon real events) about the letters exchanged between a soldier and their loved one.
On a personal note, thank you to my brothers Dan, Guy and Paul, my cousins Dean, Joe, Bill and Kyle, (who just got back from Afghanistan) and my many friends who have served our country. You sacrificed your safety so we can go about our daily lives without worry. And for that, I thank you each and every day.