Taking out the Trash: In like a lion, out like a lamb
Time for another edition of Taking out the Trash, the semi-regular posts that may or may not have to do with saving money. I have a lot on my mind so I’m cleaning out the “garbage” in my head by Taking out the Trash.
- If you get the email blast, it’s a HUGE one today. Not sure how that happened. When I went to bed last night I was wondering if I’d have anything good for you guys besides the Sunday Coupon Preview. Amazing how things pop up throughout the day.
- After a very hectic beginning of March, happy to say that things have relaxed a little around here. Hence the name of this edition of Taking Out the Trash. In order to relieve my self-imposed stressors, I got rid of a few regular features. Which I still think are great and hope to return the to the “lineup” in the near future.
- That article I wrote on Pink Slime really made an impression on you! I’m glad you thought it was useful. I’ve put the article on the home page of Green Bay Consumer in case you forget the information or want to forward it to friends and family in the area.
- Our crazy Wisconsin weather is here again. Some readers had snow today! I think the hardest part of the schizophrenic weather in March is convincing the 3-year old that no, she can’t wear the sundresses we had to pull out of storage because she needs her winter coat again!
- Very much looking forward to Sunday since it’s the start of Earth Month. Every day we’ll have a Go Green to Save Green article. If you have some ideas on ways to save money that are also environmentally friendly, contact Green Bay Consumer! We’d love to include some reader ideas in the series.
- Do you know of a Green Bay area business that would like to be involved in a future giveaway? We’re looking to celebrate the first anniversary of Green Bay Consumer in style. We’ve already got a few awesome prizes lined up but could use a few more. Please contact us for more information!
- If you don’t see anything posted on Green Bay Consumer from Friday April 6th to Monday the 9th, it’s because of Holy Week. I won’t talk religion here, but I have mentioned that I’m a practicing Catholic. That should explain it all. That means all the information Steph and I normally get to you on Sundays will have to WAIT. I apologize for any inconvenience.
- After a very busy week, I’m looking forward to signing off for my weekly 24-hour Digital Detox. If you’ve never done it, try it sometime. It’s amazing what you can get done when you’re not playing Angry Birds or checking Facebook! Have a good weekend everyone; we’ll see you back here bright and early Sunday morning.