Festival Foods: Saved 47% (and that includes meat, too!)
I know some people might read the title of this article and say “Whoop-de-doo. Other money-saving sites show 60-80% off their trips.” And I’ll be the first to admit that 47% off my total grocery bill doesn’t sound like a lot in that context. But I bought meat today, something that is rarely shown when others do their great grocery hauls.
Did you know that Festival has a small section in their meat departments for reduced items? In fact, most grocery stores do, you just have to know where to look. I’ve picked up some awesome deals in the reduced section for up to 50% off the regular price. Everything from Oktoberfest brats to ground lamb to today’s find of ground chuck and my favorite bacon in the world!
Here’s what I got:
- 8.5 lbs Ground Chuck at $2.49 lb (regularly $3.69) – $21.02 (saved $10.12)
- 3+ pounds Nueske’s Bacon marked down to $4.99 lb (regularly $8.49 lb) – $16.07 (saved $11.26!)
- 5 pkgs baby carrots $.78 e
- 6 Birdseye Steamfresh veggies $.78 e + coupons
- 4 Hormel Natural Choice Lunch Meats $3.29 e + coupons
- 2 Hillshire Farms Turkey Polish Sausage $2.98 e + coupons
- Ecover Fabric Softener $4.69 + in-store coupon
- 2 Head & Shoulders $3.49 + BOGO coupon
- 4 Bakery Department breads, 3 were reduced with on-package coupons $11.46
- 2 Miracle Whip $2.50 e + coupons
- 8 Philly Cream Cheese $1.00 e + coupon
- 10 Dannon Oikos $1.19 e + BOGO coupons
Before sales and coupons: $170.17. After sales and coupons: $89.47.
I could have “saved” an additional $1.90 if I had hauled my butt over to Woodmans to redeem the BOGO Dannon Oikos coupons that expired today because their price is better. But I’d probably waste that in gasoline!
To see this week’s Festival Foods match-ups, click here.
Are you planning to visit Festival this week? How’d you do?