Strawberry Season in Northeastern Wisconsin
I’ve been keeping a close eye on many of the area patches’ websites and Facebook pages and had this article written and ready to publish. Curse you, WBAY, for stealing my thunder. Check out their news story that aired yesterday by clicking here.
Yes, it’s not even June and we’re already talking Strawberry-picking season! My family is a bunch of berry-picking fools; this time of year is like hunting season for some. Except we’re huntin’ berries. I always think to start checking around Father’s Day, but just like everything else this year, the season has started early!
There are some really nice patches in Northeastern Wisconsin where you can pick a bucket, pick a flat (or two), or even have them pick for you (for an added price).
- Berryland in Abrams: about 15 minutes north of Green Bay, my family has picked there for years. 920.826.7297
- Blaser’s Acres (near NEW Zoo): 920.655.0483
- Cuffs Farms – Hortonville. From their FB page: Strawberries are looking good this year! Potential starting dates either Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. Call before you come! (920)779-4788
- Greiling Gardens-Maribel. (920) 863-6778
- Kraynik’s Berry Farm - Kewaunee (920) 606-6239
- Malvitz Bay Farms-Sturgeon Bay. (920) 824-5625
- Moders Gardens in Suamico: 920.434.0730 Check their Facebook page for the latest information. The other day they predicted 7 – 10 days before picking, so best guess is early next week!
- Meuer Farm-Chilton. They’re guessing around June 5th. Call the hotline at (920) 418-4777 for updated info.
- Porter’s Patch in Navarino 7 A.M to 7 P.M weather permitting. 715.758.8162. Pick You Own starts June 2nd
- Red Belly Farms - Chilton 920-775-3696.
- Sunny Hill Farm in Suamico: 920.434.9009 for the latest information.
The strawberry season normally lasts about 3 weeks here in Wisconsin.
Now get out the canning supplies and shortbread cake, it’s almost time!