Costco coming to Green Bay in 2013!

September 25, 2012 by
Filed under: News

According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Costco will be coming to Green Bay!

The Warehouse Sales company will build its first store in the Green Bay area near the intersection of Highway 172 and Brown County GV.

The Village of Bellevue will have to formally approve the project but according to the paper, officials to do not see any obstacles.

The store is expected to open in October of 2013.

Do you think you’ll get a membership?

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

25 Comments on Costco coming to Green Bay in 2013!

1. Bob on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 4:27 pm
  2. Yes I think I would. Would have to check out the store to see what they stocked, but living north of Sturgeon Bay it would be closer than Sams.

3. Missy on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 4:44 pm
  4. I wonder how it will compare to Sam’s. And I wonder if Green Bay is a large enough market for both warehouse stores.

5. The Bargain Sleuth on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 4:47 pm
  6. Considering the fact that some people won’t cross the river to go to Sam’s Club, I think Costco’s location will be a good fit for the area. Just have to wait and see!

7. Karen Pecard on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 5:08 pm
  8. I already have a membership because I go to the Costco Store in Canada,by my daughter’s house. I think they have much better prices and more products to choose from than Sams Club. I can’t wait till they come here. Well worth crossing the river to go .

9. Nicole B on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 5:12 pm
  10. I am so excited for Costco and love the location. We live in Denmark and I have drive pretty far from Sam’s. Costco also has a much better selection of organic produce! Now if we could just get a Trader Joe’s my life would be complete.

11. Kenn on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 6:39 pm
  12. We have a Costco in Grafton and it is like Sam’s Club. The only difference between the two is Costco sends out coupons to its members. I find myself to like Costco over Sam’s Club. I think if you would have a choice you will not be disappointed.

13. Karen on Tue, 25th Sep 2012 10:14 pm
  14. Wow, so that farm will finally be gone? Was always amazed at how long it lasted, hope the farmer got a primo price!

15. Mima on Wed, 26th Sep 2012 6:59 am
  16. After hearing my sister talk about all the deals she gets and how she loves Costco, I can’t wait to check it out!

17. Joan on Thu, 27th Sep 2012 3:13 pm
  18. Since I live only about a mile from the future Costco, I’m really excited about the location. I am a former member of Sam’s Club, but found that I didn’t get there enough to justify my membership. A membership at Costco is $55 currently (annual).

19. Marcia K on Mon, 29th Oct 2012 10:15 am
  20. Awesome!! We love Costco, but have to wait for a trip to Milwaukee to go catch the bargains. Cannot wait!!

21. John Wilson on Thu, 22nd Nov 2012 11:53 am
  22. Given that Sams (a part of Wallmart) rips off their employees and avoids giving them healthcare; I welcome Costco coming to Green Bay and hope that Sams takes it in the shorts.

23. Kirk David on Wed, 28th Nov 2012 12:45 pm
  24. Take a look at how well the employees are treated and you will have no doubl bypassing Sams CLub. “The average wage at Costco is $17 an hour.”

25. Julisa Bartz on Thu, 27th Dec 2012 8:38 pm
  26. Green Bay needs businesses and employers like Costco (over Sam’s Club). If you go to glassdoor.com you can read the ratings from Costco employees (an Sam’s). You will see that Costco offers great pay and benefits for workers. Costco is also known for being a more socially and environmentally sound business. If we are going to shop in meda stores, at least pick places like Costco over others!

27. Lisa on Sun, 31st Mar 2013 7:59 pm
  28. I think a costco would be amazing! I never had any good experiences from Sam’s. Employees were actually rude. I was double charged for one item and then had to wait in a long line at the service desk to get a refund while my ice cream bars melted.

Costco also treats their employees better too.

29. Barbara on Tue, 2nd Apr 2013 2:24 pm
  30. Our primary residence is in California where we have Sams and Costco everywhere. I dropped our Sams membership many years ago. We Love Costco. I think I could actually live here now. To bad I’ll have to drive 50 miles to get to it but, it is so worth it.

Now all I’ll need is a Trader Joes and I’ll have everything.

31. Angelo on Fri, 12th Apr 2013 5:12 pm
  32. Costco is much much better than Sam’s., It treats its employees much better also. It will be welcomed in De Pere Bellevue.

33. Cher on Sat, 13th Apr 2013 11:01 pm
  34. So all of you people who are saying Costco treats there employees better than SAMs club have actually have worked for both Costco and SAMs club to know this? I have been in both SAMs and Costco both are similar Costco prices are higher along with there higher yearly membership fee.. I find that a lot of people complain no matter where they shop. They have to stand in line when returning items most every where..don’t buy it if you plan on returning it..duh. I have heard people complain on paying a fee to shop at 35 or 40 and now 55…ok…??

35. Gary Gridley on Sun, 12th May 2013 9:03 am
  36. Definitely will shop at Costco. Especially because they treat their employees 10 times better than any other big box store. Wal-Mart has a few billionaire owners and everyone else gets minimum wage and crap for health care.

37. Bonnie on Sun, 12th May 2013 11:17 pm
  38. Costco far exceeds any product or customer experience. I moved to GB from Calif. and was so disappointed when I found out all they had was Sams. Once people realize how amazing Costco is, the parking lot at Sams will be empty. October can’t come soon enough!

39. Kim on Tue, 28th May 2013 8:49 am
  40. Where do you apply for a job

41. Don on Tue, 9th Jul 2013 9:38 am
  42. Costco pays its workers a lot better then Walmart, that is why they have very little turn over in employees…Walmart is too cheap to pay a living way to its workers..I will shop Costco anytime over Sam’s Club…

43. Angie on Tue, 23rd Jul 2013 9:10 am
  44. Costco is amazing, they sell quality merchandise without the premium price. Having lived in Washington state, headquarter for Costco, I really missed shopping at Costco. The amount of items offered is outstanding. Their quality of meat is fabulous, produce is superb and the employees are very friendly. It’s true Costco employees are treated well and they do have low turnover. The biggest gripe people have is that the majority of Costco stores are union, hence the outstanding treatment of their employees and the level of customer service one receives. They are happy employees and not over worked. Costco is also closed on most major holidays, a lot of big box stores could learn from them. In all it’s a great business that offers an excellent assortment of merchandise. By far, the best membership club we have belonged to.

45. Patrick on Sun, 8th Sep 2013 2:26 am
  46. We live in Alabama. Costco is great. When I was in the hospital several of their employees took up a collection to send flowers to me. I do not work for Costco but they sure work for me. I visit Green Bay from time to time and will buy my gas at Costco when in Green Bay.

47. June on Sat, 14th Sep 2013 10:08 am
  48. Personally I’m excited about Costco I’m from SoCal and always had Costco around came to sam’s club only once here in WI doesn’t even come close to being a Costco, the few sams clubs that we has in California they went out of business plus they got tons of wine selection :)

49. Sharon Cummings on Fri, 20th Sep 2013 3:42 pm
  50. Absolutely LOVE Costco. Can’t wait for the opening! Great merchandise, outstanding customer service. Don’t shop at Walmart or Sams, so disrespectful! I shopped at Costco in Oregon for many years and really missed it when we moved to Wisconsin.

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!