MyPoints: earn rewards for shopping, reading emails, playing games and more
It’s time to revisit some of my favorite websites that earn you rewards like gift cards and cold hard cash. Many moons ago, I saw a news report that mentioned a website where you could earn points for gift cards called My Points. I checked it out and found it was a match made in heaven. I have earned 566,583 points since 2001. That’s a LOT of gift cards!
There are many ways to earn MyPoints:
- Reading email. Most emails will earn you 5 points if you click to visit the website mentioned.
- Shopping. By starting at the MyPoints site, you can earn between 1 and 20 points per dollar spent depending upon the retailer selected.
- Playing Games. The site will match your first $20 deposit and you can earn 50 points PLUS 5 points per dollar spent. Games can be played for as little as FREE (daily Free Play) or 75 cents and not only can you actually win cash, you can earn points with the game website which is run by World Winner. That’s right–you can earn rewards not only for My Points by playing online games, you can earn rewards for World Winner, too.
Gotta love double dipping!
- Downloading the Toolbar which will net you 100 points. You can also activate the Point Finder. You’ll get a notification on the toolbar if you go to a site where you could be earning MyPoints.
- Searching the Web can earn you a maximum of 75 points per month
- Registrations at other partner websites or Subscriptions to things like book clubs
- Taking surveys or completing short questionnaires
- Bzz Agent rewards come in the form of My Points (more about Bzz agent in the next few weeks)
- and more.
After registering and filling out the necessary demographic information, you choose how much communication you want from My Points. Obviously the more open you are, the more contact you’ll get from them.
You’ll begin to get emails. You earn 5 points per email if you visit the site mentioned. That’s all I did for almost a year and you think it wouldn’t add up but it did; I was able to redeem my accumulated points for a couple of $25 gift certificates (Target and Amazon.com, of course!)
I don’t use My Points as much as I used to., but I still find this earning website a valuable resource to earn rewards for things I am already doing.