Costco, Gordmans, Cabelas: What’s next for Green Bay?

February 15, 2013 by
Filed under: Shopping

storeAfter Thursday’s announcement that Gordmans would be building a store in the Green Bay area, I reflected upon the busy year.  Costco and Cabela’s are also opening stores in Green Bay in 2013.  That’s a pretty good year for retail!

So I was wondering what stores we do not currently have that the readers of Green Bay Consumer would love to see in Green Bay?

Me?  Whole Foods & Trader Joe’s are the first that come to mind.

IKEA is another fave and Kristin seconds that idea!  She also mentioned H&M and a Sephora, even though there is one in the Appleton area.

What’s on your store wish list?

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

23 Comments on Costco, Gordmans, Cabelas: What’s next for Green Bay?

1. Erica on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 8:01 am
  2. Sephora is in JCP in gb…

3. Andy on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 9:44 am
  4. Trader Joe’s
    IKEA
    Popeye’s Fried Chicken
    A grocery store with unlimited double coupons 24/7
    Lowe’s
    In-N-Out, although 5 guys is great too
    REI
    Godfather’s Pizza, not the express..

5. Joe on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 4:43 pm
  6. I would love to see IKEA, but the reality is that it will most likely never happen. We just are not big enough population wise. Although, it would be great to see it on the north side of Milwaukee. That would be close enough for me.

For those of you who would love to see Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods, I encourage you to think about supporting New Leaf Market. It certainly wouldn’t be the same thing, but it would be locally owned and operated and sell locally grown food.

I would like to see an Apple Store open here. I am hoping for big things on the East Side of Green Bay by East Town Mall.

7. Michelle on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 4:55 pm
  8. I would love to see Alterra Coffee Shop in Green Bay. I love their coffee!

9. Michele on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 7:09 pm
  10. I would love to see Trader Joe’s. When I’m in Milwaukee visiting my sister in the suburb of Glendale, I always pick up a few things there. Cool grocery store and the prices are very reasonable!

11. JulieL on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 7:40 pm
  12. I also noticed that there was a Chipotle that opened up on Oneida Street. I was happy for that too. I would LOVE to see a Cracker Barrel Restaurant make it this far north but I doubt that would happen.

13. Brooke on Fri, 15th Feb 2013 11:17 pm
  14. Trader Joe’s, Trader Joe’s, Trader Joe’s, IKEA, Lowe’s.

I think there is an Alterra in the Painting Pottery and Bead It store in De Pere maybe?

15. Nicole on Sat, 16th Feb 2013 9:43 am
  16. I would love to see Lowes or Baja Fresh

17. jerry on Sun, 17th Feb 2013 3:01 pm
  18. Trader Joe’s !!!!!!!

19. Simon on Sun, 17th Feb 2013 5:01 pm
  20. Boston Market. Ruby Tuesday. Krispy Kreme (or Dunkin Donuts). Williams & Sonoma or Sur La Table. Marshall’s. Macaroni Grill.

(Also agree with Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s).

21. Julie on Sun, 24th Feb 2013 8:21 am
  22. Other than wanting to 2nd some of the other comments, I’d like to see a World Market & a really good pizza buffet in Green Bay.

23. The Bargain Sleuth on Sun, 24th Feb 2013 8:24 am
  24. Julie, have you tried Pizza Ranch on Main Street?

25. Lori on Sun, 17th Mar 2013 4:23 pm
  26. Ross stores, TGIFridays, and definitely H&M!!!

27. Betty on Fri, 12th Apr 2013 7:49 am
  28. I’d love to see a Burlington Coat Factory, I agree with Popey’s and Boston Market.
    Also, would like a Marshall’s, a TGI Friday’s.

29. Chad on Tue, 7th May 2013 7:14 am
  30. I would love to see a Joe’s Crab Shack!

31. Heather on Sun, 12th May 2013 11:20 pm
  32. There is a Sephora in JCP and a Dunkin Donuts is rumored to be building by Walmart in De Pere

I would love to see a Charming Charlie, Nike and Under Armour (Preferably outlets)

33. Mike on Fri, 24th May 2013 8:46 am
  34. Trader’s Joes. When I lived in AZ, which has a number of TJ’s, I learned that they look for a population base of at least 100K to support a store, so GB would have enough people. But an IKEA? Not a chance. They only go up in areas with a metro population approaching nearly 1 million, at very least.

35. PEGGY VOYLES on Sun, 2nd Jun 2013 10:06 am
  36. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LIONS CHOICE RESTAURANT COME TO GREEN BAY. I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO SEE MORE OF A CHOICE OF RESTAURANTS COME TO SUAMICO AREA

37. Jeff on Mon, 29th Jul 2013 7:27 am
  38. Totally agree! New Leaf is going to blow Whole Foods and Trader Joes out of the water.

Any truth to the rumor that a Pope’s Chicken is going in on East Mason?

39. The Bargain Sleuth on Mon, 29th Jul 2013 8:23 am
  40. I heard that rumor as well. When I contacted Popeye’s, they said they had no current plans to put a store in Green Bay.

41. Jeff on Mon, 29th Jul 2013 7:28 am
  42. Sorry, meant Popeye’s.

43. Tate on Sun, 12th Jan 2014 12:58 pm
  44. I would love to see Popeye’s Chicken, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Chick Filet, and a White Castle.

45. Paul on Sun, 8th Jun 2014 6:03 am
  46. (in order)
    1) Trader Joe’s
    2) Mellow Mushroom Pizza
    3) Guitar Center or Sam Ash
    4) Chipotle Grill (GMO-free items)
    5) A wider Organic / Non-GMO / Gluten-Free selection in ALL local Grocery stores.

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!