Apple Picking Season is here
There are many places to get locally-grown apples, whether you pick-your-own or simply buy them. Some places are already open!
Some (but not all) in the Green Bay area include:
- Oneida Nation Orchard – 3976 West Mason Street, Oneida, just east of Green Bay. 920.869.2468
- Apple Valley Orchard – 1670 Mar-El Road DePere. 920.336.0667. Opening September 7.
- Hillside Apples Casco – E 2237 Highway 54, Casco. 920.837.7440. If you get on their mailing list like I am, your post card will get you 10% off your entire purchase. Opening “around Labor Day.”
- Bauer’s Apple Shed – W7763 Wisconsin Ave. Hortonville 920.757.6187 Already picking!
- Star Orchard Kaukauna 253 County Trunk CE. Opens August 31 for Pick-Your-Own
- Hofacker’s Hillside Orchard W3964 Wege Rd Appleton. 920.734.0780 Already picking!
- Heritage Orchard LLC – N2963 Lakeshore Drive Chilton 920.849.2158. Opening August 31.
- Apple Creek Orchards, W 2810 Cty Rd S, Freedom. 920.832.0322. Opening Labor Day weekend.
- Apple Store – Already-picked apples, cherries and raspberries 1502 W Mason, Green Bay. 920.499.6671.
If you don’t have a favorite spot picked out or aren’t in the immediate Green Bay area, you might want to start at the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association page. What I love about their page is that you can use their locator search engine to find an orchard near you. But not only can you pick the distance, you can search by type of apple.