If you grew up in the Green Bay area, you probably visited the Neville Public Museum sometime in elementary school. However, if that is the last time you visited, you really need to make a trip again soon! The museum’s permanent exhibits include Hometown Advantage: The Community and the Packers and the Discovery Room. The Holiday Memories: Prange’s Christmas Windows exhibit is on display through January. Programming offered by the museum includes a geology club, an international film series, and an astronomical society.
To enter today’s giveaway for four admission passes from the Neville Public Museum, visit our 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways page where you can also read the contest rules, too.
Children Only Shop
Children ages 4-12 are invited to shop for friends and family from a selection of $3 gifts.
- Friday Nov. 29, Noon-3pm
- Saturday Nov. 30, Noon-3pm
- Wednesday Dec. 4, 5-7pm
- Saturday Dec. 7, Noon-3pm
- Wednesday Dec. 11, 5-7pm
- Saturday Dec. 14, Noon-3pm
- Wednesday Dec. 18, 5-7pm
- Saturday Dec. 21, Noon-3pm
Bruce the Spruce
The talking Christmas tree!
Bruce is available to chat:
- Friday, November 29, Noon to 3 PM
- Saturday, November 30, Noon to 3 PM
- Sunday, December 1, Noon to 3 PM
- Wednesday, December 4, 6 PM to 8 PM
- Saturday, December 7, Noon to 3 PM
- Sunday, December 8, Noon to 3 PM
- Wednesday, December 11, 6 PM to 8 PM
- Saturday, December 14, Noon to 3 PM
- Sunday, December 15, Noon to 3 PM
- Wednesday, December 18, 6 PM to 8 PM
- Saturday, December 21, Noon to 3 PM
- Sunday, December 22, Noon to 3 PM
- Thursday, December 26,Noon to 3 PM
- Friday, December 27, Noon to 3 PM
- Saturday, December 28, Noon to 3 PM
- Sunday, December 29, Noon to 3 PM
Holiday Memories: Prange’s Christmas Windows
You can see the old Prange’s Christmas window displays beginning Friday, November 29. If you grew up or visited Green Bay way back when, going to Prange’s to see this display was a treat.
Members – FREE
Kids 5 yrs & under – FREE
Kids 6 – 15 yrs – $3.00
Adults (16 yrs+) – $5.00
And remember that the Neville is FREE on Wednesdays from 5pm to 8pm.
For more information on all the fun at the Neville this season, click here.
NASA astronaut Mark Vande Hei will be speaking at the Neville Public Museum this Friday, September 6 at 3pm. It’s your chance to get up close and personal with a real astronaut, as Vande Hei will be taking questions from the audience!
Vande Hei serves as a U.S. Army Colonel. He reported to the Johnson Space Center in 2006 to serve as a Capsule Communicator at the Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas. Vande Hei was selected in 2009 as a member of the 20th NASA astronaut class. He completed astronaut training in June 2011 and is now qualified for future flight assignments. From June 2012 – May 2013 he served as the Astronaut’s Office Director of Operations in Russia.
This event is free with museum admission and open to the public!
For more information on this event, click here.
- Marcus Theaters – Kids Dream Summer Film Series 10 am
- Dine on Deck: 11:30 – 1:30 pm on The City Deck
- Ashwaubenon Concerts in the Park and Public Market 10 am – 2pm
- Farmer’s Market on Broadway: Hang out downtown from 3 – 8pm
- Neville Museum: Free Admission from 5 – 8 pm with proof of Brown County residency
- NEW Zoo: Half-off admission 6 – 8 pm.
- Waterboard Warriors by the City Deck 6 & 7 pm
- Green Bay Botanical Garden: Free Admission from 4 – 8 pm
- Green Bay City Band - St. James Park 7:30 pm
Are you planning to do any of these things this week?