My family is trying to eat healthier, and that includes buying more organic items. One of the best places to find organic foods before the farmer’s market season starts is Woodmans. Here’s a look at some of the prices of organics:
Apples -3 lb bag of Cameo $3.29, Golden Delicious $3.39
Carrots 2 lb bag $1.69
Garlic 3 oz $2.09
Kiwi 1 lb $2.59
Potatoes 3 lb #3.99
Grape Tomato 10 oz container $2.69
Roma Tomato 16 oz $3.99
Yams 3 lb $3.99
Earthbound Farms Lettuce $2.59 or 2/$5.00
Earthbound Farms Celery $3.39 Celery hearts $3.69
- Earthbound Farm Organic, any $1.00/2 Print register/login
Peanut Butter & Co. products $4.19 – $5.19
Wholly Foods Salsa $2.79 + $1.00/1 in-store manufacturer coupon
Wholly Foods Guacamole $4.79 (same price as non-organic) + $1.00/1 in-store manufacturer coupon
- or use - Wholly Salsa $1.00/1 Print
I also saw that Woodmans now has a section of natural food items like quinoa, wheat berries, flaxseed and more. It’s located at the end of the organic/natural foods aisles.
Well, dear readers of Green Bay Consumer, you all seemed to enjoy my recent post about my first shopping trip to Aldi, so I thought I’d try another store I’ve never shopped at: Woodman’s. I’ve been in Woodman’s a few times but have never done my shopping there. My excuses for not shopping at Woodman’s are pretty lame: the store is all the way across town (Green Bay-itis! I’ve got it bad!) and that the store is huge.
Sure enough, that was my first impression as I walked in Woodman’s. “Ohmigosh, this place is huge – and yet they have the tiniest carts!” The size of the store is a blessing and a curse. I’m pretty sure that if Woodman’s doesn’t carry something, you don’t need it! There are three refrigerated cases of Parmesan cheese. All the weird ingredients I’ve only read about in my Rick Bayless and Barbara Kafka cookbooks – Woodman’s has ‘em. On a more serious note, their selection of organic produce is incredible. They also have two huge aisles of ethnic foods.
But all that selection slowed me down. I have never had a problem making decisions before, but I found myself at a complete standstill in front of a wall of shredded cheese. Which was the best value? Did this brand I have never heard of taste good? Where is the plain ol’ mozzarella on this wall?
Obviously, the more I shop at Woodman’s, I would learn where items are located and which ones are my favorites. But for a first-timer, it was pretty overwhelming!
The prices are great. I was excited to find my favorite La Banderita tortillas on sale for $1.89, the cheapest I have ever seen anywhere. My twins love mangoes so I was happy to find them for $.79 (the same price they were when I shopped at Aldi.) There’s a photo of my Woodman’s receipt over there, so feel free to peruse it.
After all of this “experimental” grocery shopping so far, I’m going to say something I never thought I’d say: you guys, I kinda love Aldi! I really liked not having to worry about coupons or price matching or what brand was the cheapest when I shopped there. I was able to get in and out really quickly. They don’t have everything I need in my kitchen, but I’m starting to think I need to make them my go-to store!
Today I concentrated on some of the new printable coupons that were released. I will be returning to the store next week for a more in-depth look at their prices matched up with current coupons.
- Sales may end at any time and results may vary on your shopping trip. However, I find that most in-store specials last all month long.
- If you are shopping at a different Woodmans, prices may vary.
- Woodmans takes internet printables. Many people do not realize this. They only remember when Woodmans was adamant about NOT taking them.
- Woodmans coupon policy is available here.
- Woodmans tapes manufacturer and store coupons to the shelves near the product. If there was a hanging coupon available when I saw the deal, it is noted.
- Woodmans “Retailer” or “Store” coupons can be used along with a manufacturer coupon for the same product.
- Please feel free to leave comments here on any deals you find throughout the month to help other shoppers out!
- The $.04 off per gallon of gas at the Woodmans gas station coupon is on the bottom of your receipts.
Cascadian Farm Cereal 2/$6.00* On Sale
Cheerios reg. 14 oz $2.39
Cheerios Honey Nut Medley $2.39
Regular or Peanut Butter Cinnamon Toast Crunch $2.39
Orville Redenbacher Movie Lovers 3-pack microwaveable Popcorn $1.79
- $0.75/1 Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn, 3 pack+ 01/20/2013 SS Insert (exp 03/03/2013)
Total Whole Grain Cereal $2.39 Total Raisin Bran $3.59
Knorr Homestyle Stock $1.50* On Sale
- $1/1 Knorr, homestyle stock 01/27/2013 RP Insert (exp 02/24/2013)
Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.19* On Sale
Planter’s Nutrition Peanut Butter $3.29
Non Food Items
Hefty Waste Bags 20 count $3.99 – $4.69; ;40 ct $6.99
Pampers Easy Ups jumbo bag (appx 23 ct)$10.99
Pampers Baby Dry Box appx 68 ct $24.99
Pampers Cruisers Box appx 72 $24.99
Pampers Wipes 72 ct $2.39 216 ct refill $6.49 360 ct refill $8.99
This post contains links which may earn Green Bay Consumer compensation. That means when you click the links, you help keep the site operating. Thank you! For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Log in or register at Prairie Farms, and then click print coupons on the left side of the page. These coupons are in PDF format meaning you can print an unlimited amount. However, the coupons clearly state “Limit two web coupons per person, per retailer.” They also say “Do Not Double” so you will not be able to double them at Piggly Wiggly stores that normally double coupons.
The following coupons are available to print:
Ex. 03-30-13 (Log in or register)
- $.50 off One Prairie Farms 56oz Old Recipe Ice Cream, Any Variety
- $.40 off one Prairie Farms Half Gallon Square Ice Cream, Any Variety
- $.50 off One Homestyle Churn Lite Ice Cream, Any Variety
- $.35 off One Prairie Farms 16oz Sour Cream, Any Variety
- $.50 off one One North Star Frozen Treat, Any Variety
- $.35 off One Prairie Farms 24oz Cottage Cheese, Any Variety
- $.40 off one Prairie Farms NEW Low Fat, Low Sodium Cottage Cheese
- $.50 off one One Prairie Farms 16oz Bacon Cheddar or Jalapeno Fiesta Dip
- **several BOGO coupons (However, you will NOT be able to use the Buy 2 Get One FREE coupons at either store because of store coupon policies.)